PDA

View Full Version : Sonicview New Dongle Series - SV LAN - (UPdated)

Priestmill
12-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Well guys it seen to me a New Dongle comes into place very soon for a more reliable Public Server.

Seen to me more then fair to heard this as I personally havent seen new files yet.

We will be the first to give you details of this new dongle and the true on iHub and Newlink.

El

Priestmill
12-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Info:

has anyone heard of a new sv dongle?"SV LAN"?i was talking to a SV dealer today and he told me a new one was coming out monday
.he said that the i-hub and new link would only be supported for a private server not public.has anyone noticed, no new public file in 4
weeks.the SV LAN would support both private and public servers.anyone else heard anything?maybe this should be in the rumor section,
but i couldn't find it.

Buddyjh
12-04-2010, 06:10 PM
This was an old rumor from back in June...supposdely sv was coming out with a LAN dongle (Local Area Network) that is somehow supposed to use a straight through connection w/o using an ihub (don't ask me how they were planning on doing it since these stbs dont have an ethernet port)....probably more bs from sv as usual and someone's stirring the chit pot again...lol

Priestmill
12-04-2010, 06:22 PM
By court order the LAN boxes were unsellable.

I think is another dongle.

Buddyjh
12-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Could be like the ones that cnx, ilink and satzen use....they don't call em dongles but built in ethernet ports so they don't fall off back of stb like the ihubs....lol

whiplash
12-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Yeah, good luck getting folks to shell out more $$ for this stuff

GHOSTRYDER
12-05-2010, 05:44 AM
come to think off it wasnt there a Pro OR PLUS Series to be release with internet ports

what became off that ?

Priestmill
12-05-2010, 06:05 AM
If not mistaken the Pro series just had the dongle added to the packaged and not ports. But I may be mistaken.

If they had the ports then these boxers are not allowed to be sold and were removed and if they had the
dongles separate then the dongles were removed from the packages and the boxes sold minus the dongle.

Same thing with the HD cards were treated the same way with the court order unless it was a clone.

GHOSTRYDER
12-05-2010, 07:25 AM
I loved my 8k i remember that thing ran 6 months on a standalone in n2 days

when the came with the hub it was good and looked like everyone went out and bought one

now they cant seem to get it right

Priestmill
12-05-2010, 08:30 AM
The future is definitely not bright.

Priestmill
12-21-2010, 08:10 PM
The guy appears to be a dealer, see what happens.

I have access to a sufficient quantity of the SV Lan(s) available to sell. As far as the software is concerned, it is 'planned'
to release today or tomorrow. I WILL post how to reach me when the S/W is up (AND working)

Dec 21
(nealn)

Priestmill
12-22-2010, 11:56 AM
This picture leaves no surprise. Lol.

homer™
12-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Looks like an authorized SV dealer is selling them on fleabay for $69
I wonder if we will be able to flash the old I-hubs into a SVlan

tech07
12-25-2010, 05:26 AM
Looks like an authorized SV dealer is selling them on fleabay for $69
I wonder if we will be able to flash the old I-hubs into a SVlan

From what I have been reading so far.

The SV Lan Dongle looks like another Modified I-Hub , check out PM's Photo

These are facts from reliable sources that I have obtained so far

1) Running a wiznet Search on the SV Lan displays V4.3
2) Loading the SV Lan Bins is like the Newlink and newer I-hub Bins
3) Ip Menu is similar to Newlink and I-hub bins

Waiting for word if the MAC address of these SV Lan are 00:90:** series. If they are then this will confirm the SV LAn to be another Upgraded I-Hub, nothing else.

So far any attempts to load the the SV Lan bins on the I-hubs and Newlinks have failed but others are trying.....so will report if anyone is successful.

Priestmill
12-26-2010, 03:28 AM
Is only speculation on my part and that is the direct result of having no info.. The SV
Lan are unused dongles with a unique set of mac addresses. To eliminate an untidy mac
address record or log, the iHub/Newlink identifiers were eliminated. Is unlikely this is a
new start and I have a tendency to believe, same coders and same code. Actually, I'm
not to sure on the IKS team really. There were some rumored grievance.

The issue with the public server was all to do with folks converting iHUB to Newlink via
the V1.1 file then trying to connect to the server. It is for sure these mac addresses
were banned, whether via software or direct input. When folks were asked not to do this
and did it anyway then they chewed of the hand. Seems fair to me. It was probably of
poor record keeping as I mentioned and a resulting frustration. This coupled with loss
sales while PS were raking in the benefit (a previous issue) became a simple piss off and
in turn the server gets turned off or limited to a small few of private users, while they
figure things out.

So now we have the unused dongles. Maybe there is still hope to sell more boxes and
dongles but with a poor reputation and the SV4000 left behind yet once again, it is
gonna be a struggle. It appears to be a new start with the 110/119/129 sats. Serial
numbers have to be entered again so it reminds me of iHUB and with the absence of
the SV 4000, it is probably unused pre-programmed iHUB's and their serial numbers.
Ihub did have a v4.0 version in the past so it is possible v4.3 is an upgrade.

For now files will remain in queue and is wait and see if this is a simple scam or if it is
a reality. If this is real, how long will it last ?

Wait and see.

Priestmill
12-27-2010, 07:22 PM
The on line store in San Diego are now selling STB + SV Lan + two power line adaptors for very cheap prices.

Stock clearing prices, imo.

They have been given the authorized dealer status.

Priestmill
12-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Official word from SV IKS release and support site.

Sonicview announced today the introduction of SVLan.

The SVLan marks a new level of support and reliability.
No more freezing, No more downtime, No more worrying about software updates, and More Channels!

Disappointments with previous products, the iHub and Newlink failing to reach the level of quality associated with the Sonicview product line left the company in a tough spot and customers disappointed and frustrated.

While Sonicview was the best at the cardless solution, they could not seem to get the knack of IKS with the iHub and a second attempt with the Newlink.

Development of the SVLan began earlier this year when an unnamed Japanese group approached Sonicview with a new solution. A better way of doing IKS with quality, reliability, and superior service being the cornerstone of the all new SVLan service.

The SVLan will include two years of service from the date of purchase included in the purchase price. SVLan is sold through authorized Sonicview dealers.

Sonicview also announced that the iHub and Newlink will no longer be supported by public server, but noted that private server service is available at the current time.

homer™
12-28-2010, 02:35 PM
I found a screen shot of a functioning sv-lan on the wiznet tool. it appears to be on version 4.8 and it does have the same 00,90BC prefix..

Priestmill
12-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks homer, pic doesn't really mean anything. It do show the version but look at the domain name. That can be typed in.
And about time folks are using the WIZnet configuration tool V3.0.2.

Picture looks injected to me but that is my opinion of course.

Stile 88
12-28-2010, 07:12 PM
To me is major sales pitch and i wouldnt buy into any of this....... SV was king for sure in N2 days when they had excellent code team now you have nfps team which is a separate entity in it self .... a 2 yr service with freeze free.... didnt nfps team state same thing and they even have issues with keeping that promise....to me is just another pitch to get your hard earned money i would stay away from this for sure

Priestmill
12-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Folks are starting to buy these up, from the on line store.

homer™
12-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks homer, pic doesn't really mean anything. It do show the version but look at the domain name. That can be typed in.
And about time folks are using the WIZnet configuration tool V3.0.2.

Picture looks injected to me but that is my opinion of course.

Well, that will be the closest I come to testing one of these dongles, and I`m sure there are a lot of others that are a bit disappointed with this product as well.

This isnt the first time I have have heard talk of a new team from SV either, I guess the true test will be if they can handle the server load once enough people end up getting one. That was their problem before.

Im not sure about the orgin of the wiznet picture but the version and the mac address are all that are significant.

I wouldn`t be surprised if some I-hub to SV-lan conversion software ends up being released before long

Priestmill
12-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Good point. I doubt you will see similar issues with this group as was with the Super IKS Team.
In that, not likely any conversion files will surface. I expect it's not that hard a deal to do though.

This is a new group with a huge investment. Expect to see a difference.

Hopefully, lol.

daao10
12-29-2010, 05:35 PM
saludos disculpen en donde puedo comprar uno de estos , y si me servira para amazonas

difunto252
12-29-2010, 06:03 PM
saludo ; por el momento segun yo tengo entendido no se a provado con amazona pero pronto sera postiado los resultados

greeting, for the moment according to me I have understood not proven to be a rider but soon will post the results

saludos disculpen en donde puedo comprar uno de estos , y si me servira para amazonas

buckskinrs
01-01-2011, 12:12 PM
does anyone know if this is a true dongle or simply an adaptor from the serial port to an ethernet connection?

beekermc
01-01-2011, 12:14 PM
It's pretty much identical to the ihub.

buckskinrs
01-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Will the new files work with the ihub? Or can the older ihub be converted to use the new dongle files?

beekermc
01-01-2011, 12:48 PM
That's the million dollar question It seems like the same piece of hardware, it should be possible. Time will tell.